I see election time upon us, and just a short dip in my social media feeds reminded me one of MANY reasons Christians are commanded to be set apart (i.e. holy). The Bible has so much to say about accusations, false reports, adjudication, one-sided listeners and more. We are called to cling fiercely to the biblical rails that should guide our tongues and typing, so it seemed helpful to refresh the topical sermon we did on Accusations. It’s my prayer our congregation sets a striking, counter-cultural example of biblical community and conversation amidst the sea of confusion, slander, and improper judgment. May God be glorified.
As mentioned Sunday, we have a 3-week study on Covenants, coming to a ZOOM new YOU!We’d love the WHOLE CHURCH to be involved: register here or use the QR code in the image (below) Set your schedule for the dates below! August 20, 27, and September 4, 7pm – 8:30pmNeed a primer to whet your appetite? Watch this amazing SHORT VIDEO on the COVENANTS!
Questions? Email SummerStudy@findrefuge.com (or reply to me, I can hook you up)
Also, for the GUYS: we JUST started 2 new topics at our breakfast and happy hour respectively… and it’s not too late to jump in with us!!! You can catch up with the short, 20-min videos that fuel our time together: “Christian Basics” Tuesday mornings at 7am – here’s last week’s short intro
“Revelation” Wednesday evening at 5:30 – here’s last week’s short intro
Going into the weekend, I highlighted many prayer requests in our body but promised to follow up with a weekly email of what’s happening, helpful links, and more. I hope they add some additional depth and dimension to your Spirit-filled week! They will also show up daily on Facebook and in a Blog post on findrefuge.com. Blessings!
- Question of the week from gotquestions? A Sunday Sermon Tie-In:
– What was the significance of the Jerusalem Council in Acts 15?
- Missions Update: check out the latest from Jake and Rachel Dahlberg, our college campus missionaries!
- Persecuted Church: What’s it like to be a Christian in Iran right now? Hiding, Facing Arrest
- Christian News: The Religion of Being a Good Person may be America’s core, toxic belief
- Saybrook Minute with Ben, Psalm 3: Your 60-second Psalm
- Popcorn Theology with Pastor James: guilt and redemption in the Netflix/Hemsworth film Extraction
Grace and peace,