Life is more than money, but money is a powerful tool. As followers of Jesus, we give our time, talents and treasures to the cause of Christ.
There are four ways to give financially to support Refuge Church:
- Check or cash: in the buckets passed during Sunday Services or in the Drop Boxes by the sanctuary doors anytime you’re in the building.
- You can mail a check to our office at:
Refuge Church | 2609 Larch Way | Lynnwood, WA 98036
- Giving Online and Text Giving: see below!
We use MoGiv for online giving: you can give a one time donation or set up a recurring offering.
*NOTE: we are taking a special offering to support the Geddis family in the wake of the loss of husband, father, and our dear brother Christopher. All donations between now and Christmas (December 25th) to our Deacon’s Fund will go toward supporting Christine, Kaitlin, Nathan, Meagan and Winona; thank you for your loving prayers and generosity. Select “DEACON’S FUND” from the menu below.
Give Via Text
Follow the simple instructions to give via mobile device (click on the graphic to enlarge).
Giving address is email@example.com
We have 3 guidelines when we think about giving: tithe, sacrifice, and responsibility.
- The tithe guideline points us to times of both spontaneous giving and structured generosity. The first tithe was given by Abraham spontaneously after he won an important battle. (Gen 14:20) Later, believers were required to give a tenth of their income to the church in the Old Testament.
- Though the New Testament doesn’t specify a tithe, we have greater responsibility for generosity this side of the cross. The tithe for us is a minimum. The Macedonian Christians demonstrate sacrifice. The Bible says “they gave as much as they were able and even beyond their ability”. (2 Cor. 8:3). The responsibility guideline means balance, in Acts 11:29 Christians give “according to their ability”. Planning is necessary for Christians in order to give responsibly.
- More important than that we give, is why we give. Giving must be a joyful response to God’s grace! Paul put it this way: “I am not commanding you, but I want to test the sincerity of your love for you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, he became poor, so that through his poverty you might become rich.” (2 Cor. 8:8-9). What a test! Paul says the difference between giving to gain favor with God and true Christianity is that a Christian wants to give as generously as he or she received. You always give effortlessly to those things that give your life meaning.
We believe investing in the work of Refuge Church is biblical, wise, and healthy: Refuge has a track record of bringing the good news of Jesus to hurting people. God has done a faithful work in the past 40+ years through Refuge, and this legacy continues as new people join our community every week. As the place where you have the greatest personal accountability and commitment, and as the place that is feeding and equipping you, we ask you to invest in Refuge, making it your priority in giving.