Your Weekly Guide to REFUGE news, connections and content!
- Our new slate of Studies, fellowship and gatherings kicked off this week! See below for adults, youth, co-ed, men’s and women’s opportunities and see how you can connect beyond Sunday and grow together with one another.
- This Sunday is MISSION SUNDAY! We’ll hear updates – good news! – from our Missions Partners, Steps of Justice and the Al Maidah Initiative, as well as what’s next with The Nourishing Network. And an encouraging word from Action.
- Have you invited anyone? Our family-friendly Film & Theology is coming up quick!
Invite friends and bring the kids for Disney’s ENCANTO – Friday January 21, 6:45pm
(movie followed by short discussion of the film’s themes and gospel parallels).
Invite folks using our Facebook Event!
- Have you saved the date for our Valentine’s Day FREE childcare in February so parents can enjoy a night out! Just bring them to the church February 14th from 5pm – 9pm. Have a…
DID YOU MISS LAST SUNDAY?
Catch up on Sunday’s Sermon… OR just share in your social media!
- Our 2022 sermon series continues! THE BOOK OF MATTHEW – Chapter 1:18 – 2:12
In our year-long series through the Book of Matthew, Ben Keller illustrates how the birth of Jesus in Matthew shows us an historical event grounded in reality and marked by faithfulness. The visit of the Magi also demonstrates our proper response of prostration before our Lord and Savior. Click here to access.
- WORSHIP: acoustic worship set with Kat & Spencer! Listen here https://youtu.be/vVm8IbOlyDY
THIS SUNDAY 1/9:
8:30am – SUNDAY MORNING CLASS: American Gospel: Christ Crucified
We’re going through the documentary on the atonement: what it means, how it works, and how this doctrine is being distorted – even by some “pastors” – today. Watch the trailer here.
Worship – acoustic set with Kat and Spencer
Confession and Communion: led by Pastor James Harleman
Sermon: Matthew 2:13 – 23
“Heavy is the Head” – Pastor James Harleman
ALSO 10am: Children’s Church
Parent’s, here’s what the kids will be learning…
This Sunday we’ll have two lessons due to a missed “snow Sunday”.
Bible Stories: Jesus is Baptized; Jesus is Tempted in the Desert
Big Ideas: Baptism gives us a picture of Jesus’ amazing sacrifice; Jesus said “no” to sin, and so can we
11:30am—12:30pm Refuge Youth (after service 1st & 3rd Sundays)
On-Site: details email firstname.lastname@example.org
6:45pm—8:30pm Young Adult Study
Meets live: for details email email@example.com
7pm—8:30pm Co-ed Bible Study
Currently studying the Book of Numbers
Virtual: for details email firstname.lastname@example.org
7pm—8:30pm Women’s Group *Starts Feb 10
Virtual Book Study: “Gentle & Lowly”
For details email email@example.com
6pm—7:30pm Men’s Group
Virtual 1st & 3rd week/mo. LIVE 2nd & 4th
For details email firstname.lastname@example.org
FRIDAY JANUARY 21, 6:45pm – FILM&Theology RETURNS with Disney’s ENCANTO
at Refuge Church, film followed by discussion of the themes and gospel parallels
SATURDAY February 5, 8am Guys, save the date for our first Monthly Men’s Breakfast of 2022!
MONDAY February 14th, 5pm – 9pm Valentine’s Day childcare!
Enjoy a date night on Refuge Church!
- Heartbeat REFIT Tuesday/Thursday – email email@example.com
- Gung Fu (Martial Arts) Classes midweek as well – email firstname.lastname@example.org
Love and pray for one another, and connect as able!
Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, since God is making his appeal through us. We plead on Christ’s behalf, “Be reconciled to God.” – 2 Corinthians 5:20
Grace and peace,
Pastor James & Refuge Church