Your Weekly Guide to REFUGE news, connections and content!
The BIG news…
- ROLAND HAS SPOKEN! Member Roland Cole is groggy, but awake and able to speak (he collapsed from a brain bleed several weeks ago in service): His mother Grace let us know that he can muster some words, and they are looking at how and when he might be moved from hospital to rehabilitation. Thanks for continued prayers.
- DON’T FORGET TO BRING A HOLIDAY DISH TO SHARE SUNDAY! ALL-Church Holiday Meal after Sunday service… Refuge PLUS our friends from Life in Christ Ethiopian Evangelical Church! Cultures and cuisines collide, together in Christ.
- START EARLY WITH US SUNDAY MORNING! 8:30am – Is God merciful, or just? What’s the exact way by which God totally forgives sinners but ALSO totally punishes the guilty? Many Christians struggle to answer this and American Christianity often gets it WRONG: join us for short video & discussion.
- PUT A CHRISTMAS DINNER ON A NEEDY TABLE! – we’re helping the Nourishing Network put Christmas dinners on needy families tables! $80 serves a family, help with one meal, or go bit and provide a few! Put “Nourishing Network” on your envelope, check memo, or choose it from the drop-down on our Giving Page.
- YOU NEED TO KNOW! DECEMBER 19 – Member Meeting After Sunday Service – we’ll look at how God has provided as we end the year and see what’s ahead in 2022.
- DECEMBER 24 – Candlelight Christmas Eve Service, 9pm
If you have more questions or need information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
DID YOU MISS LAST SUNDAY?
Catch up on Sunday’s Sermon… OR just share in your social media!
- ADVENT: ALL SHEMA FOR CHRISTMAS Week 2: Lord, LORD… or BOTH?
In our second Advent Sermon on the Shema, we look at the term “LORD” and how it’s special meaning impacts the manger and magnitude of what happened Christmas Day.
Here’s the Link – https://youtu.be/d1im0Ae14jk
- WORSHIP: upbeat, “big sound” set with Kat and Convergence
Listen Here – https://youtu.be/FlYil-wh_38
THIS SUNDAY 12/12:
8:30am – NEW SUNDAY MORNING CLASS: American Gospel: Christ Crucified
We will spend 6 weeks going through the documentary on the atonement: what it means, how it works, and how this basic doctrine is being distorted – even by some “pastors” – today. Watch the trailer here.
CHRISTMAS CAROLS! Peeled back set with Kat and Spencer
Sermon: ADVENT: ALL SHEMA FOR CHRISTMAS Week 3: LOVE & HEART w/Ben Keller
Join us for song, scripture, prayer, confession, creeds, and more as we take a 4 week journey through the SHEMA in Deuteronomy 6 with the birth of Christ in view.
COMMUNION: led by Pastor James Harleman
ALSO 10am: Children’s Church
Parent’s, follow our Facebook Page for the weekly post on lesson, verse, etc.
AFTER SERVICE 11:30am
YOUTH GROUP (Junior High and High School)
In the Fellowship Hall
Meets: 1st & 3rd Sundays
11:30am-12:30pm Fellowship Hall
Email Ben: email@example.com for details
Young Adults: Sundays 6:45pm
Contact Alex: http://m.me/alex.dietrich.338 via FB Msgr for details
Weekly Bible Study (co-ed, virtual): 7pm – 8:30pm
Email Bev: firstname.lastname@example.org
Men’s Happy Hour @ The ROCK Wood Fired Grill – 5:30pm
PIZZA and PARABLES – the parables of Jesus
Email James: email@example.com
LADIES’ MIDWEEK STUDY 7pm
Taking a break for the holiday season – will resume in JANUARY!
- Heartbeat REFIT Tuesday/Thursday – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gung Fu (Martial Arts) Classes midweek as well – email email@example.com
Love and pray for one another, and connect as able!
“Jesus said… ‘I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live'” – John 11:25
Grace and peace,
Pastor James & Refuge Church
*P.S. – a Note about COVID-19 and related issues:
Regarding ongoing concerns, we are asking congregants to remain informed and follow individual conscience in regard to masks and guidelines. We assume some will be masked at services while others are not: this is an opportunity to extend grace, hospitality, avoid shaming and judgment, and model Christ-like dignity, patience and respect for one another. Thank you!