Your Weekly Guide to REFUGE connections and content!Use this to catch up, share links, invite others, and more!
For a weekly word from the Pastor, “Your REFUGE Reflections” comes Thursday/Friday.
- If you missed the sermon or want to share, here’s the link:https://youtu.be/HeKhAA7QoEY
- Exodus 28 – where we look at what God’s High Priests (and priests) wore, with some reflection on CHRIST and what WE wear!
Other online content this week:
- That AMAZING testimony we saw Sunday at church? Here it is again: https://youtu.be/QNGLZvtRoiU
- Share it with friends – it’s a pretty compelling testimony for both encouragement AND evangelism.
- Friday we had a “Film and Theology” event: here’s the teaching portion: https://youtu.be/GsHNpgUnb1A
- If you’ve seen GODZILLA VS. KONG check it out. Got Kaiju-loving friends? Share the link on FB, etc.
- A great article from The Gospel Coalition: “How Do We Know If God is Disciplining Us?”
- The Gospel Coalition has a WEALTH of great articles and resources worth checking out!
NEXT MONTH’S FILM AND THEOLOGY… shhhhhhhhh. Invite coming soon!
A SPECIAL NOTE: as mentioned Sunday, the NOURISHING NETWORK is looking for volunteers! At Nourishing Network, they have an extra busy summer that includes weekly meal deliveries to almost 400 students, our summer meals program Mon-Thurs at three sites (with once a week service at a fourth), monthly pop-up pantries at five summer locations, a Back to School Resource Fair in August and support for Edmonds School District packing parties at two locations for three weeks (late June-July). All of this means they need LOTS of volunteers, at a time when a number of our wonderful volunteers take a break to enjoy family, travel, vacation, etc.
- The direct link to the volunteer application is here: https://foundationesd.org/volunteer-application-form/
- The direct link to references is here: https://foundationesd.org/volunteer-reference-form/
- To help at the monthly POP-UP Pantry email our Deacon Matt Jensen: email@example.com
- For more info directly from the email Thame Fuller: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coming UP: WEDNESDAY (tomorrow):
Men’s Happy Hour (via ZOOM): 5:30-6:45pm
Email James for info/link: email@example.com
- Heartbeat REFIT Tuesday/Thursday – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gung Fu (Martial Arts) Classes midweek as well – email email@example.com
THIS COMING SUNDAY:
Sermon: Exodus 29:1-37: “There Will Be Blood” – Pastor James Harleman
*special note: Member mid-year update and Treasurer report will be at the end of Sunday Service
ALSO 10am: Children’s Church
stay tuned for “Refuge Reflections later this week for what the kids will be learning!
Young Adults: Sundays 6:45pm
Contact Alex: http://m.me/alex.dietrich.338 via FB Msgr for details
NEXT WEEK: TUESDAY:
Men’s Breakfast (virtual): 7-8:15am Via Zoom
Email James: firstname.lastname@example.org
Weekly Bible Study – EXODUS 7pm- 8:30pm Via Zoom
Email Bev: email@example.com
A verse for your week: 2 Corinthians 7:1
“Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God.”
Love and pray for one another, and connect as able!
Grace and peace,
Pastor James & Refuge Church