How do you raise your family in a dangerous environment?
And can you – or they – make a difference in the world and even share good – life saving – news if it might mean putting them at risk? Believe it or not, we’ll look at those themes this Friday in our FILM&Theology event: see below!
Your Weekly Guide to REFUGE connections and content!
Use this to catch up, share links, invite others, and more!
For a weekly word from the Pastor, “Your REFUGE Reflections” comes Thursday.
- Missed Sunday’s Sermon? Catch up OR just share in your media!
Here’s the link – https://youtu.be/Rsb_wEPBnDE:
- Pastor James explains how God predates our attempts at multi-sensory learning experience by using all the senses – including smell – in the Book of Exodus to teach important things about how we approach and interact with our Creator and Lord.
- Sunday WORSHIP: listen or watch this fresh set with Kathryn Harleman singing!
COMING UP WEDNESDAY:
Men’s Happy Hour (via ZOOM): 5:30-6:45pm
Email James for info/link: email@example.com
- Heartbeat REFIT Tuesday/Thursday – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gung Fu (Martial Arts) Classes midweek as well – email email@example.com
- FILM AND THEOLOGY… click here for FB INVITE!
THIS COMING SUNDAY:
Sermon: Exodus 30:11-16 “Your Number’s UP… hopefully?” by James Harleman
ALSO 10am: Children’s Church
Bible Story: Noah and the Flood
Big Idea: God is good, so I can obey Him even when it’s hard.
Memory Verse: “If you love me, you will obey what I command.” John 14:15 (NIrV)
Young Adults: Sundays 6:45pm
Contact Alex: http://m.me/alex.dietrich.338 via FB Msgr for details
NEXT WEEK: TUESDAY:
Men’s Breakfast (virtual): 7-8:15am Via Zoom
Email James: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALSO THIS MONTH: SAVE THE DATE!!!
- AUGUST 29: AFTER-SERVICE LUNCH FELLOWSHIP…
WITH OUR FRIENDS FROM LIFE IN CHRIST ETHIOPIAN CHURCH!
BBQ AND AUTHENTIC ETHIOPIAN CUISINE!
COMING IN SEPTEMBER: REFUGE 101
A parting scripture: Philippians 1:21 – “For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.”
Love and pray for one another, and connect as able!
Grace and peace,
Pastor James & Refuge Church
*P.S. – a Note about COVID-19 and related issues:
Regarding ongoing concerns, we are asking congregants to remain informed and follow individual conscience in regard to masks and guidelines. Current state recommendation is that unvaccinated persons wear masks, whereas vaccinated persons need not be as concerned. We assume some will be masked at services while others are not: this is an opportunity to extend grace, hospitality, avoid shaming and judgment, and model Christ-like dignity, patience and respect for one another. Thank you!